We all know that this is going to be a challenging curling season but we feel we have a good plan to allow for us to start curling in a safe manner. Frogtown Curling Club will be reopening for curling in late October as usual and has established the following reopening guidelines based on information from the CDC and the USCA. As we all gain comfort in this process, and assuming that the Twin Cities does not see a large resurgence in covid-19 cases, the Board will re-evaluate processes and make modifications to move the club to the next reopening phase.
We are initially being conservative in our policies and we are optimistic that our members can play in leagues and use the facility safely. We will be revisiting these rules periodically. However, in the spirit of curling, we will need 100% compliance to these policies to make that possible and allow us to move more quickly to the next phase. Before curling starts we will provide a detailed description of our COVID protocols and guidelines on how to practice distancing while at the club and while playing. Here are the highlights.
- Masks required in the building at all times, including on the ice. Masks must fully cover both your nose and mouth.
- Leagues will operate at 50% capacity. 3 games will be scheduled each week, leaving one sheet unused between each game for greater social distancing. (You will play every other week)
- 8 end games
- One-way traffic in the club. Markings will be placed on the floor to guide the flow of traffic.
- One sweeper during throws. Opposing skip may not sweep any rock.
- No use of locker rooms (bathroom access will be available). Come dressed for curling, and put shoes on in the clubhouse.
- Only curlers in the league occurring can be in the club.
- Predetermined color and hammer.
- No handshakes, elbow taps, or any other physical contact (but do still say GOOD CURLING!)
- Post curling social time is discouraged and will be limited to 4 people per table for a maximum and 30 minutes.
- No potlucks, no pizzas, no sharing of food
- BOYB - no beer club
- No Bonspiels.
Open registration is 1st come, 1st served and cut-off when the league is full (a waiting list will be started, just in case spots open up).
To secure a spot, you will pay the full team fee ($640 for full-season leagues and $320 for Friday Mixed leagues) for the night and time desired. Registration is accessible from the Club Events-->Event Registration menu. Each team member will also need to have one club membership ($145) when membership dues are collected - you'll receive an email notification at that time.
Just like everyone else, we're making some changes this season due to COVID-19. Please be sure to read the reopening plans before registering. Most importantly, only three sheets will be used at a time for social distancing, which means that you will only be curling every other week. Any and all policies may be reconsidered, and we are hoping to be able to change to a more normal curling environment if the situation improves.
Registration Page: https://www.frogtowncurling.org/index.php/club-events/event-registrations
Log in before you start.
We currently have the following openings available for this season (as of 9/26):
Full Season League: ($640/team)
- Sunday 3:00 pm (5)
- Sunday 8:00 pm (11)
- Monday 8:15 pm (5)
- Tuesday 6:00 pm (1)
- Tuesday 8:15 pm (2)
- Thursday 8:15 pm (1)
Mixed League ($320/team)
- Friday 6:00 pm (9)
- Friday 8:15 pm (12)
Are you an inidividual or couple looking to join a team? We're opening this as team registration at the moment. You can complete the interest form and we'll use that information to help form and fill-out teams where needed once we have done full-team registration:
Looking for the ultimate, one-of-a-kind taste of a Minnesota experience? Visiting or living in Minneapolis and Saint Paul?
Well, you can’t say you had fun in Minnesota if you don’t experience curling (or maybe eat a Jucy Lucy).
If curling is on your bucket list, Frogtown Curling Club has you covered! (We can help you pick a burger place too.)
Come join us for a three-hour curling and teambuilding experience in the heart of Saint Paul.
Frogtown is easily reached from anywhere in the Twin Cities.
Upcoming Events at the Club